Friday, March 18, 2011

Romeo and Juliet Statements

I would consider doing what Juliet did because ...


In my life, I have been taught to fight for what I want and what I believe in. In the play
Romeo and Juliet, Juliet puts her life on the line for love. I believe in love, therefore I would fight for love, for what I feel is right; just like Juliet. Although Juliet and Romeo met on Saturday, were married on Monday, and both of their lives taken the following Thursday, their relationship showed me that we aren't all here for a long time. If Juliet were to have died right then and there(1), my feeling on this would be the same. She would have died, and did die for what she wanted.I suppose that in any given situation, whether it is love, family, a job or friends, if I felt that it was right, I would do what I had to.


(1) Act 4, Scene 3, Line 58


When Juliet is discovered dead, I felt because ...


As wrong as this sounds, when Juliet was found dead, I felt somewhat relieved. I mean
although she was only thirteen, and her hormones were raging, she made a mistake, a
mistake of marriage and a mistake of death. I understand that I would have done the same, but I feel that she lost sight of what was really important, and at her age, she really wasn't ready for a love like that. So when I found Juliet dead, I suppose you could say that I was relieved because it was a decision that she couldn't change. Unfortunatley, she had to learn her lesson the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment