Friday, March 4, 2011

Monday, February 28, 2011 10:03am

Being a teenager. When I was younger all you wanted to do was grow up and be like mommy and daddy, but I forgot I was going to have to go through high school and all its ups and downs.
So many things are different than they are portrayed; you have to get a job, do good in school, have the right friends, be in the right group, finnish your homework, achieve gold in sports or get along with your siblings. For me, I have a job, have honors in school, play various sports at elite levels and I feel like I am expected to be perfect and in a good mood every day.
There are times where I am left wondering if I should put what I truely think aside, and just follow the general idea of what everyone else my age does. Follow their thoughts, what they do and what they don't do. What they say and what they don't say. But I know that that isn't me. Beth Fodor fights with her parents on a daily basis about things that really aren't worth the headache. Heartache is something that I've definitly felt, because of my parents, not laying blame but the truth. I dated a boy for a year, and it had to be ended because of what they wanted for me, not at all what I wanted. However, looking back on it now, I'm very glad they stuck to their guns. As for now, I have a boyfriend, someone who treats me the way I deserve to be treated, tells me the things I deserve to be told, AND my parents love him. So yes, my escape from reality when things get the best of me is my boyfriend and my writing. I write almost everyday, and this is just another one that I have added to the list. My friends keep me grounded, although around some of them I make stupid decisions :D
But hey, thats just what being a teenager like me is like.

xoxox bethmfodor

No comments:

Post a Comment