Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Third Diplomatic Personal Reflection

I guess that one could say that during this mission, I learned a lot about what I want in my life, and the things I don't want.

During this mission, we focused on and discussed a lot of current events going on around the world. I really enjoyed debating on the current issues that are changing the world around us, and by globalization, indirectly affecting our world. Whether it was the political instability in Libya and Egypt or the earthquake and tsunami in Japan I found it easy to talk about due to the fact that I was wanting to expand my knowledge of the world.


While reading the play Romeo and Juliet, there were a lot of things that crossed my mind, one of which was that no matter whether or not I did good on a project, I knew that the play in itself along with the assignments were teaching me new life lessons. There were definitely some assignments I liked doing, for example the Romeo and Juliet song interpretation. The 3 reasons that I enjoyed this assignment were: 1) I love music, so to be able to incorporate that aspect into school work was a joy, and I felt privileged because I was able to express myself. 2) Being able to express the feelings that I possess with my peers was awesome! Knowing what my friends were thinking and how they felt in reference to me was really an eye opener. Finally, 3) Being able to visually represent the song, a song that meant something, not only within the play but that it related to my own life as well, was cool.

I did really enjoy the play, and I feel like I have a good understanding of the message that Shakespeare wanted to deliver, therefore I am going to put a lot more effort into this essay, as I want to do better. Seeing as grade ten humanities is coming to an abrupt end, I want to get as much out of the next mission as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment