Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Romeo and Juilet Movie Review

Going into this assignment I wasn't too sure what 'mood' or 'atmosphere' meant.
However, after comparing the book to the 1968 movie, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, I decided that I enjoyed both. In the movie, during the balcony seen near the beginning, neither Romeo nor Juliet wanted to leave each others side. The music that was playing made me feel alive, the fact that they were holding each other so close, or that even that I could feel and see the love that they had for each other in their eyes. I don't think that this can be misinterpreted, just unappreciated.
Seeing as the actors were to be acted as people around my age, I feel that I responded to the movie a lot better because they were easier to relate to. Unfortunately the general consensus of people that  are interested in Shakespeare tend to be older than my age group, so it may be more difficult for others to relate as well as I did.
I knew that as soon as I was done the play I wanted to seen the movie asap. However it was a bit of a let down. The screen play seemed low budget and so did the finished product. All in all, a great story but I in my opinion the overall movie was not what I had expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment