Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Personal Reflection

Personal Reflection

Seeing as we have now finished the classic novel of To Kill A Mockingbird, some of my views on identity, courage and obviously how I see prejudice and social inequality have changed. Knowing that our world has much work to be done to it, it made me realize that there are always things that I can be learning about in a deeper meaning and that there are always things that I can try understand better. Seeing as I didn't apply myself 100% to all assignments and ideas before the book, contrary to what some might think, I gave it all I had in all of my To Kill A MockingBird assignments.
Some of my assignments I am very proud of, because I have given 100% and it has paid off and showed that I have worked hard. An example of my success this last diplomatic training was my interview and conclusion.
Although my two interviewees where very different and had very different opinions on Canada, I challenged myself with having to find some common ground between the two people and their interests and dislikes. When I did this project I found that if I challenged myself, I would get more out of the assignment, and I would learn a lot more.
As for some of the things I felt that I didn't do as well on, I realized that the common denominator was that I found myself rushing through the assignments. Sure, on most of them I took the time to edit them and re-read it, but it wasn't often that I changed anything. Such as the essay; I did take time to go through it after, but as you said, there were main points that didn't match up throughout the essay.
I feel that I am giving a more consistent effort, at a higher level as well. I think that I have achieved the goal I set for myself last posting, but now that I have seen what I am capable of, why not strive for it and achieve it all the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment