Monday, December 13, 2010

Personal Reflection

And so the journey continues..
Now that we have brought our second posting in Humanities 10 to an end, it is time for another personal reflection. This 'unit' in Humanities we read and watched the play Fiddler on the Roof, and focused on globalization. This showed me in good ways and bad, that not everyone is as lucky and well treated as we are here in Canada.

Throughout this whole journey, we did lots of projects, individual and team. Looking back at all of the projects we did, the one I enjoyed most, and thought I did best on, was the team comparison, poster and review. This challenged our group to agree and debate on certain topics or thoughts, and when someone didn't agree, the rest of our group had to challenge themselves to persuade the other. Being persuasive is something that myself as a Humanities student needed to work on, and although I worked on it and am more confident now than I was before this mission, I can still work on it. Setting goals is something I'm good at, which is something I feel helps me in this class.

If there was an assignment that I could take back or re-do, it would have to be the written response song interpretation. I feel like I could have gone into deeper thought and expanded on my ideas. However, I feel that I had a good view and interpretation of the song. Something I continue to struggle with sometimes is putting 150% into all of my assignments. But as the journey continues, the assignments are going to continue to challenge me in ways that no other course will, which is why I have no regrets taking Humanities.

1 comment:

  1. Thoughtful and occassionaly insightful reflection. What kind of strategies can you employ to help you focus on producing your best work more consistently?
    8/10

    ReplyDelete