Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Interview Conclusion

 With this assignment, I feel I was very challenged in that my two interviewees were almost   completely oposite. While interviewing my Canadian of 40 years, not only did he express how beautiful he thought Canada was geographically, but ecologically as well. He felt as if there was no better place on Earth to grow up, raise a family and enjoy life. Leaving Canada is something he would never think of doing. However the immigrant I interviewed thought the exact opposite. Whether it was the food, accents, or social structure, she was not a fan. She expressed that from her point of view, Canada is very gudgemental, and being from Germany, and having an alternate lifestyle I can understand that. However, she did like how there were others here like her, and how she found a place where she fit in.

Being Canadian isn't just the status of being free in and in a country that is very wealthy, but being accepted for who you are, and what you want.

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive conclusion drawn from two distinctly different perspectives.
    9/10

    ReplyDelete