Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fiddler on The Roof : Written Response Song Interpretation

      In the play, Fiddler on the Roof, there are many songs that are performed and sung. As I read the book in class I really connected with the fifth song, To Life. It starts by sayings that Tevye, a father is proud to be a father, and proud of his daughters, “Here’s to the father I’ve tried to be.” Then it proceeds to say that life can either make us happy and successful; blessing us, or break us down and challenge us; bruise us. When Tevye says that god wants them to be happy and joyful, even when their hearts lay broken on the floor, I interpreted that sometimes love isn’t the only thing that makes life worth living, and that your heart will mend. By saying, “Live another day” I took it as if you have made a mistake, or taken life for granted, God blesses you with another chance, time and time again. By the time this song was finished, I found myself to feel refreshed and pleased with the way I am living, which is, with no regrets.




1 comment:

  1. Thoughtful analysis of the song, with specific phrases interpreted, but the connection to your own live/values is generalized.
    10/15

    ReplyDelete