Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life is a highway, & I wanna ride it

    

Personal Reflection 




      Humanities 10 is like a highway. It will take you as far as you want to go, & not push you to go anywhere else; but if you want to continue to pursue your journey, the opportunity will present itself. I have been asked to reflect upon my strengths, weaknesses, successes & concerns for a personal reflection. In my world, strengths & successes compliment each other & are directly related. Therefore I am going to write these two together. The more difficult portion of this assignment is to identify my weaknesses & concerns.
I have a hard time writing these words, but, concerns & weaknessess are more directly related to my successess & strengths. Thus, the term reflection.
     First off, one of my strengths I have identified right from day one is that I do know alot about the going ons of the world, economy, & their surrounding issues. Because I have paid attention to those points in the current events, I feel some of my successes have been related to being on a team & the input needed to be successful. I have also learned that I have strengths in the area of holding an argument in class, supported by fact information. Another strength I behold is that I have the ability to keep my mouth shut. Not in a bad way, where I don't express what I'm thinking, but to the point where I respect what others are saying, & try to see things from their point of view. Either to just see something from a different perspective, or also to add & to support my own ideas.
     Now that I have expressed my strengths & successes, weaknesses & concerns come into play. I have considered the idea that I possibly just don't want to accept that there are things not going my way, or that there are things I need to work on, but as always, there are things to improve on & tweak. I'm not very good at identifying things I need work on, so to start this paragraph is a bit of a challenge. One of my concerns, & always has been, is that I don't fully apply myself to all things, & that is also one of my weaknesses that also is a concern for me in this course. Why? I tend to get a little full of myself at times, therefore, thinking a small amount of effort will get me far. Clearly in Humanities that is not going to work. That is partially the reason that I asked to be a part of this class, I wanted to challenge myself in a way many people wouldn't understand. As I look forward, I am anxious see what I can produce, but mostly to see how I can grow.
     All in all, this class is a challenge, which is exactly what someone like me needs. There have been times where I have used the security blanket of others to fall back on. In Humanities, I have felt that others are not there to fall back on, but to catch you when you fall, to help you get back up & continue on your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment